Saturday, June 27, 2009
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/2 tsp Happy Hal’s Jalapeno Relish
1 cup butter, melted and very hot
1 tbsp white wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
Place egg yolks, salt, Happy Hal’s and heavy cream in blender, blend for a few seconds at high speed. Add hot butter in a thin, steady stream. Add vinegar about half-way through and then add the rest of the butter. Enjoy.
Hal's Chicken Chili Nachos
4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
2-8 oz. packages of cheese (cheddar, jack, Colby)
1-2 cans spicy chili beans
16 oz. sour cream (can use the low or non fat version)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/4 cup Happy Hal’s jalapeno relish
1-2 bags of nacho chips
In large pot, add sour cream, soup, tomatoes, chilies, HH, and chicken. Let simmer 10-15 min. Layer baking dish with smashed nacho chips, then pour chicken mixture on top. Next, spread half pkg. of cheese, then add cans of beans, and top with remainder of cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 mins. Until cheese is melted. Serve with additional nacho chips.
Monday, June 1, 2009
These deviled eggs would make Satan proud. Their utter simplicity is what makes them so appealing. You will immediately taste the sweet and salty goodness of the Good Shit and then, with the subtleness of a Mack Truck, the Hot and Spicy finish of the Aw Shit is enjoyed. This Disparity of flavors works in perfect harmony to provide a most unique culinary experience.
· 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
· 4 Tbs Miracle Whip®
· 1 Tbs Sweet Pickle Relish
· 1/2 Tsp Good Shit
· 1/2- 1 Tsp Aw Shit
-Begin by boiling the eggs in a pot of water for about ten minutes. Allow them to cool to at least room temperature ( put them in COLD water ) and peel.
-Cut in half lengthwise and place the yolks in a suitable size bowl. With a fork, mash them till most of the big chunks are gone. Add all the Pickle relish, Good Shit, and 3 Tbs of the Miracle Whip. -Combine and check the consistency.
-Decide now whether to add the remaining Miracle Whip (depending on your personal preferences...yes, you may taste it now).
-Fill the white part of the eggs to slightly more than full with a spoon. Sprinkle the Aw Shit on the top of the yolk mixture. Use your personal preference as to how much Aw Shit to use.
-I would sprinkle the tops with a little Aw Shit, taste one and decide how much to use for the entire platter. Or, put a little on some and a lot on others and let your guests decide.
· 1 Medium Size Frying Chicken (cut into pieces)
· 2 Cups all purpose flour
· Cooking oil
· Special Shit
-Preheat cooking oil (corn, peanut, vegetable) to 300 degrees in a large electric skillet. Oil should just barely cover the bottom 1/2 of the thickest piece of chicken (about an inch). Liberally sprinkle BOTH sides of chicken with Special Shit. Drench in flour coating both sides well. Shake off excess flour and place in skillet Don't turn the pieces for 2 minutes. After the waiting period, pieces should be turned and left for another couple of minutes. After that, feel free to turn them as often as you want trying to achieve equal browning on all sides. Cook until done. Place on a cooling rack or paper towels to drain.
-The best thing about this recipe is the chicken is equally good Hot or Cold. Just don't refrigerate. For some reason, it really changes the flavor. In my house, the cook always get the chicken wings (the best part of a chicken).
Heart Starting Chili Recipe
(from the kitchen of Joe Franks)
This chili recipe is an easy to make, easy "to impress" your friends kind of recipe that will earn you high praise. Feel free to add beans, jalapenos, or any other personalized touches you care to. Beef, venison, pork, turkey, or any other game can be used as chili meat. Depending on how much you want to "kick up the heat" in the chili, additional Aw Shit may be used, but do so at your own risk. This recipe feeds about 6 - 12 hearty eaters.
· 1 tbs Special Shit All Purpose Seasoning
· 6 lbs Lean Chili meat
· 2 Lg White onions - chopped
· 4 Cloves garlic - minced
· 1 1/2 tsp Oregano
· 1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
· 1 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 tsp Black pepper
· 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
· 3 tbs Chili powder
· 3 tbs Aw Shit Hot n' Spicy Seasoning
· 4 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
· 2 cups water
· 1/2 cup Ketchup
Brown meat with onions, garlic and Special Shit. Cook until the onions are clear. Add water and other spices. Cook about 5-10 minutes. Add tomato sauce and ketchup. Simmer on low for about an hour, stirring every few minutes. Serve with raw onions, grated cheese and Fritos.
Monday, May 25, 2009
-2 1/2 lbs. chicken wings (12 to 15 wings)
-1/4 cup (more if desired) Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste
-1/2 cup (1 stick) butter 2or margarine, melted
-1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
-Split wings at each joint and discard tips. Pat dry.
-Place on a rack in a roasting pan and bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour; turning halfway through cooking time. OR Deep fry at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until completely cooked and crispy.
-Combine butter, Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
-Dip wings in hot sauce mixture to coat completely.
*Serving suggestion: Plate with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Major Peters Red Beer
-Your favorite brew
-Major Peters Bloody Mary Mix
Major Peters Red Snapper
- 4 oz. Major Peters Bloody Mary mix- 4 oz. of your favorite gin
Garnish with lime, celery, pickle spear or olives
Major Peters Bloody Bull
- 2 oz. Major Peters Bloody Mary mix- 1 oz. vodka- 2 oz. Sodium-free or low-sodium beef broth
Shake vigorously. Garnish with lemon.
Major Peters Bloody Swedish Blonde
- 4 oz. Major Peters Bloody Mary mix- 1 oz. aquavit- 1 pinch ground toasted fennel seed- 1/8 tsp. caraway seed
Shake lightly. Pour in glass and garnish with caraway seed and twist of lemon.
Major Peters Italian Bloody Maria
- 4 oz. Major Peters Bloody Mary mix- 1 1/2 oz. Grappa or eau-de-vie- 1 oz. celery juice- 1 tsp. celery salt- 1 pinch garlic powder- 1 pinch crushed oregano
Garnish with celery.
Major Peters Bayou Bloody Caesar
- 4 oz. Major Peters Bloody Mary mix- 1 1/2 oz. pepper-flavored vodka- 1 dash Tabasco sauce- 1 dash Old Bay seasoning- 1/2 pinch cayenne pepper- 1 dash crushed red pepper
Stir thoroughly. Pour into glass with salted rim.
Major Peters Ginza Bloody Mary
- 2 oz. Major Peters Bloody Mary mix- 2 oz. vodka- 1 1/2 oz. sake- 1/2 oz. lemon juice- 2 dashes soy sauce
Fresh ground pepper to taste. Combine all ingredients with cracked ice in a mixing glass. Stir well and pour into chilled glass.
Major Peters Chili
- 2 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey- 2 packets chili seasoning- 3 cans kidney beans- 1 large green pepper (chopped)- 2 large onions (chopped)- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasonings- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic- 1 Tbsp. sweet basil- 1 Tbsp. red pepper- 1 Tbsp. black pepper- 1 liter Major Peters Bloody Mary mix
In a skillet, brown the ground beef or the turkey, green peppers and onions. Mix the browned ingredients in a large pot with the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a slow boil over low to medium heat. Makes four to five quarts. Add macaroni for Major Mac Chili or macaroni and cheese for Major Mac and Cheese Chili.
Major Peters Spicy Meatballs
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine- 1 small onion (finely chopped)- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs- 1 cup Major Peters Hot and Spicy Bloody Mary mix - 1 lb. extra lean ground beef- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg- 1/4 tsp. oregano leaf (crumbled)- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil- Salt and Pepper
In a small skillet, heat the butter and saute the onion until tender (about 2 minutes). In a medium bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in the Bloody Mary mix. Add the meat, cooked onions, salt, pepper, nutmeg and oregano. Mix well and form into 12-14 meatballs. Heat the oil in the skillet and cook the meatballs until well browned all over and cooked through (about 10 minutes). Drain on a paper towel.
Major Peters Bloody Crabcakes
- 1 lb. crab meat - 8 Tbsp. oil- 1/2 tsp. dill- 1 onion (chopped)- 3 stalks celery (chopped) - 1/4 cup red pepper - 1/4 cup green pepper - 1/2 cup flour - 1/2 cup corn meal - 1 tsp. salt - 1 tsp. pepper - 1/2 cup Major Peters Bloody Mary mix
Saute onions, celery, red and green peppers until soft (approximately 10 minutes), put into a bowl with cooked crab and mix. Add Major Peters Bloody Mary mix with seasoning. Combine flour and cornmeal together with crab mixture, fry in oil.
Major Peters Secret BBQ Sauce
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)- 1 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil- 1 cup Major Peters Bloody Mary Mix- 1/2 cup beer - 1/2 cup ketchup - 3 Tbsp. brown sugar - 1 Tbsp. Dijon style mustard - 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Saute onion and garlic in oil in a medium saucepan about 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in remaining ingredients and let simmer 15 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2cups. Perfect for grilled chicken, ribs, and especially good on fajitas.
Major Peters Dill Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oil- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)- 2 tsp. garlic (finely chopped)- 2 cups Major Peters Bloody Mary mix- 2 tsp. capers- 1 tsp. salt- 1 tsp. pepper- 1 tsp. dill - 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent(approximately 5 minutes). Add tomato paste, capers and Major Peters Bloody Mary mix. Stir. Add seasoning. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Major Peters Great Gazpacho
- 2 cups Major Peters Hot and Spicy Bloody Mary Mix- 1 cup reduced salt chicken broth- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped- 1 1/12 cups chopped tomatoes- 1 medium pepper, chopped- 1 clove garlic, peeled, chopped- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine Bloody Mary Mix, cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, and garlic in a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped (but not pureed). Pour into a mixing bowl, and stir in chicken broth and olive oil, seasoning with freshly ground pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours. Serve in glass mugs or soup bowls, with a garnish of croutons or shrimp if desired. Serves 6-8 people.
Major Peters Eggplant Classic
- 1 large eggplant (peeled and chunked)- 3 6 oz. cans mushrooms (sliced)- 2 large onions (sliced thin)- 6 cloves fresh garlic (sliced thin)- 4 oz. cooking oil - 1 liter Major Peters Bloody Mary mix
Combine all ingredients except Major Peters Bloody Mary mix into a saute pan with oil. Saute all ingredients until soft. Add liter of Major Peters Bloody Mary mix and heat through. Serve over cut ziti or spaghetti.
Major Peters South of the Border Salad Dressing
- One-half cup Major Peters The Works! Bloody Mary Mix - 1 Tbsp Major Peters Sweetened Lime Juice - 1 tsp lemon juice - One-half small tomato - One-half yellow onion - 3/4 cup olive oil - 1 tsp black pepper - 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Put all ingredients in a blender, except for the 3/4 cup olive oil. Once all ingredients have been blended together, add the oil slowly into the blender on low speed with the rest of the blended ingredients.